Alumni and Current Students: Check out these opportunities for alumni and students to share their time and talents promoting engineering to future engineers.
- Professional Mentoring: The Mentoring Program pairs female engineering professionals with female engineering students of the same discipline for a variety of workshops and social events.
- Summer Camps: Agree to speak, become a camp counselor or corporate sponsor for one of our summer camps. Share your experiences with high school and middle school girls and inspire the next generation of engineers! Go to Outreach Events and Camps.
- Kids’ Career Day and Girl Scout Events: Be a part of these exciting days at the University of Akron. We are looking for dynamic presenters, keynote speakers and women excited about their career in science, engineering, math and technology. Interested? Get more information... email Heidi.
- Operation Outreach: Travel back to your high school to talk to students about your experience in engineering. We provide you with everything that you need to make your presentation. We will even contact your high school for you!
- Tours: Does your company do something cool, unique and interesting? Then let us know. We’d love to see it!
- Scholarship and Giving: Our programs are supported in large part by donations and grants from local individuals, members of our Women in Engineering Advisory Council, local companies and foundations. We need your help in getting the word out about engineering. Consider giving financial support to these worthwhile programs in the name of Women in Engineering. Inspire a young women become the best engineer that she can become. Contact Heidi for more information.