Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology
The mission of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology (EEET) program at The University of Akron is to:
- provide a recognized and meaningful undergraduate educational program with an emphasis in electrical and electronic engineering technology.
- conduct professional development and other activities to meet the needs of the local community, including both the private and public sectors.
- encourage faculty and students to seek out and participate in applied scholarship activities designed to support both educational, and business and industry initiatives.
Graduates of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology program will work as engineers and technicians in developing, manufacturing, testing and servicing, Electrical/Electronic components, equipment and systems.
- Electronic technician
- Project engineer
- Software engineer
- Biomedical instrumentation manager
- Communications manager
- Transmission system operator
- Field service engineer
- Verizon Wireless
- General Electric
- Rockwell Automation
- FirstEnergy Corporation
- Summa Health Systems
- Admiral Equipment
- Pressco Technology
- Keithley Instruments