Scott A. Dilling, P.E.
Title: Associate Professor of Practice, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Program Director
Dept/Program: Engineering and Science Technology
Office: Schrank Hall South 123C
Instructor Scott Dilling is a faculty member in the Mechanical Engineering Technology program in the Department of Engineering and Science Technology in the College of Applied Science and Technology. His years of experience in the automotive and trucking industries include designing suspension components, such as: beams, bushings, axles and brakes. He is familiar with various manufacturing processes such as welding, forming, forging, casting, stamping and molding. He has been named as an inventor on several patents. He has served as a consultant/expert on several patent infringement cases.
Professional Organizations and Licensures
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Canton Regional Society of Professional Engineers, past President
- Canton Joint Engineering Council, past President
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Ohio
- Registered Patent Agent, United States Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. Patent Numbers: 5,366,237; 5,642,896; 5,720,489; 5,996,981 and 6,508,482
Thesis: "Vibrational Analysis of a Truck Trailer Suspension Due to a Vertical Load Input," May 1996
Publication: "Modeling and Simulating a Slider Box," Scott Dilling, P.E., Desktop Engineering, March 1997
- Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, The University of Akron
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, The University of Akron