Susan E. Ramlo, Ph.D.
Dr. Ramlo has been on the faculty at The University of Akron since August 1994. Prior to coming to The University of Akron, Dr. Ramlo worked as an industrial physicist – primarily in the area of scintillation / radiation detection. Since arriving at UA, she has been recognized for teaching excellence at the department, college, university, state, and national levels. She is recognized internationally for her work with Q methodology (www.qmethod.org); She is currently president of the International Society of the Scientific Study of Subjectivity (ISSSS) and recently gave a keynote address at the first Norwegian Q Conference. She will be the host for the 2010 ISSSS conference at Quaker Square / The University of Akron October 7th – 9th, 2010. Dr. Ramlo will have a book chapter coming out on Q Methodology and Q factor analysis with co-author Dr. Isadore Newman this spring in the 2nd Edition of the by Tashakkori and Teddlie (click the link for more information) Handbook of Mixed Methods Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Dr. Ramlo currently has a joint appointment in the College of Education. She will be teaching a summer 2010 (click the link for more information), workshop on Q Methodology.
- Ph.D., Education, University of Akron
- Masters, Physics, Miami University
- Bachelors, Physics & Astronomy, Mathematics, Mount Union College
- 2820:16X Technical Physics (Mechanics I, Mechanics II, Electricity & Magnetism, Heat & Light)
- 2820:310 Programming for Technology
- 5100:590 Introduction to Q Methodology Workshop
- 3150:592 Special Topics: Teaching Key Physical Science Concepts (Physics)
- 5500:898 Independent Study in C&I