EX[L] Center for Community Engaged Learning
We strive to enable students to emerge as civically engaged, skilled and adaptable leaders, ready to take on real-world challenges.
Akron Community Connectors is a new opportunity that links talented students with high profile community members. If this interests you, learn more now.
- Creating Entrepreneurial Classrooms
- Apply for the EXL/ITL Pedagogical Exploration Fellowship
- Request for proposals for Faculty-Driven Initiatives
- Apply for grants for Community-Engaged Courses
- Watch the documentary History in Motion, to hear how Dr. Martha Santos merged her two passions: salsa and history, to create this unique unclass.
- Go behind the scenes of Akron's lost history in The Forgotten Dead. Filmed by UA student, Claire Pugel this video takes you into the unclass about unearthing the secrets of Akron's Schneider Park. The poor souls in unmarked graves at Schneider Park will come alive on screen, on stage and in a book. Read more.
- See the detailed website created by our All the World's a Classroom unclass that provides free curriculum kits.