WIN $10,000 FOR YOUR BUSINESS IDEA
Participate in the UA 10k Startup Challenge!
Presented by The EXL Center, University of Akron Research Foundation, SEED Legal Clinic, and the Fitzgerald Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies
Do you have an idea for a business? Participate in The University of Akron’s $10,000 Startup Challenge. A top prize of $10,000 will be awarded to the winner, with additional prizes awarded to runners-up. The pitch competition, open to all UA students, is focused on promoting entrepreneurship over the fall semester through mentorship, business development events and pitch practices.
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete this quick Google Form to register
- Once you’ve created a profile, we will send you the full application
- The full application is due by Nov. 4
- Note: that as part of your application, you need to meet with a business mentor (listed below) as well as interview ten potential customers to get feedback on your idea.
STARTUP CHALLENGE MENTORS
- Jim Griggy
- Elyse Ball
- EbaNee Bond
- Nick Glavan
- Joe Fox
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS — All events will be held virtually
- Wednesday Sept. 30 at Noon | Informational session
- Thursday Oct. 8 at 5 p.m. | How to Raise Money for Your Startup (Canceled)
- Wed Oct. 14 at 5 p.m. | Hear from a Startup Founder, and Learn How to Raise Money!
- *Monday Oct. 26 at 3 p.m. | Legal issues for startups (*New date/time)
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Practice Pitch Session
Wednesday, Nov. 4 at 11:59 p.m. | Deadline for application
- Thursday and Friday Nov. 5-6 | Semifinal competition
- Thursday, Nov. 19 | Final competition