Any aid you receive in the summer will reduce your fall and spring aid.
Before you begin, review the Summer Aid Brochure. Then complete the following steps to receive summer aid.
Submit the 2016-17 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
If selected, complete required verification forms
Enroll in Summer classes.
See the financial aid calendar for summer aid deadlines
You will automatically be awarded summer aid, provided you are enrolled in summer classes and have a completed 2016-17 FAFSA on file with the Student Financial Aid Office
Accept your student loans
How enrollment status affects summer aid
- Full-time status for summer is at least 12 credits (undergraduate) or 9 credits (graduate/law) or more total enrollment for all summer sessions.
- Half-time status for summer is at least 6 credits (undergraduate) or 5 credits (graduate/law)
- Grant funds are prorated based on enrollment.
- If you are not enrolled for a course by the 15th day of Summer I, you will not be eligible to receive grant money for summer.
- Pell Grants used during the summer will reduce the Pell received in the spring semester.
- If you withdraw from a class before it starts, or receive a failing grade that notes you never attended that class, you may lose all or part of your summer grant aid.
- If you make changes to your summer schedule before the 15th day of Summer I, the Pell Grant will be reduced unless you enroll in the same number of credit hours.
- If you are receiving summer grants and you make changes to your summer schedule after the 15th day of Summer I, you can lose eligibility for all or part of your summer grant aid.
Federal Work Study
- Federal Work Study requires half-time enrollment.
University cancellation of a class section for which you enrolled can affect your summer aid eligibility. Contact our office as soon as possible after you've been notified of the cancellation.
Need a place to stay this summer? Learn about summer housing availability by contacting UA Residence Life and Housing at 330-972-7800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.