Transient Student Application
To ensure successful completion of your application please review the points below.
- There is a $45 nonrefundable application fee for domestic applicants. There is a $70 nonrefundable application fee for international applicants. ALL APPLICATION FEES MUST BE PAID BY CREDIT CARD WHEN SUBMITTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION. If this is a reapplication to take graduate coursework the nonrefundable reapplication fee is $45.
University of Akron undergraduates are required to pay the application fee.
- Request for Transient Graduate Student Status at The University of Akron form must be submitted to the Graduate School in addition to the graduate application and required application fee. Access the Request for Transient Graduate Student Status form.
A regularly enrolled graduate student at another accredited college or university who seeks transient status at The University of Akron must meet the following conditions:
- Good academic standing at the home institution
- Admitted to and currently enrolled in a graduate degree program at the home institution
- Approval of the Graduate Dean at the home institution
You will be notified via e-mail once all transient status application materials have been received, and you have been approved by the Graduate School for graduate enrollment at The University of Akron. Included in this e-mail will be your Student Identification Number as well as the Checklist for Incoming Graduate Students, which will provide information on registration, parking, and purchasing textbooks.
Transient status is valid only for the course(s) and semester specified on the transient request form.
If you have reviewed the information and are ready to submit your application click on the link below.