SERVICES & FEES
SERVICES & FEES
GENERAL PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
- Evaluation and treatment of uncomplicated illness and injury
- Immunizations / Tuberculin skin testing
- Academically required physical examinations
- Referral assistance for health concerns beyond the scope of the department
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS (STD'S)
Enrolled students may schedule an appointment at Student Health Services where staff members are happy to address students' concerns about sexually transmitted infections. Testing for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and Syphilis is available. Department visit fee of $15 plus cost of testing applies.
FREE HIV testing
Free HIV testing is offered on campus during Fall and Spring semesters through a collaborative effort between Student Health Services and Community AIDS Network/Akron Pride Initiative (CANAPI). Fall 2015 HIV testing dates are TBA.
- To schedule an appointment, call 330-972-7390 no earlier than one week prior to the testing date. For confidentiality purposes, you will be asked to leave your birthdate and phone number. One of our staff will return your call to give you an appointment and instructions about the testing process and location.
Another option is to visit the Summit County Health Department's STI Clinic where they are able to check for ALL sexually transmitted diseases. The Health Department's STI clinic can be reached at 330-375-2772. They are located at 1867 W. Market Akron, Ohio.
WELL WOMEN'S CLINIC
Student Health Services offers gynecological examinations, including PAP smears for cervical cancer, contraception counseling, contraceptive pills, and information about sexually transmitted infections (STD's) and their prevention.
- Annual Well-Woman's Exam: $40
- Pregnancy Test: $5
- Testing for selected sexually transmitted infections: $30
- Oral Contraceptives (per pack): $15
- Depo-Provera injections: call for pricing