The University of Akron will never e-mail you and ask you to disclose or verify your UA password. If you receive a suspicious e-mail with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link--instead, report the e-mail to The University of Akron for investigation.
Report any incident that you feel is a violation of the University of Akron’s acceptable use policy or an information security issue involving a subject or system of the University of Akron.
Before you report this incident please review the following points:
- If the incident involves electronic harassment and/or you fear for your physical safety, please contact campus police (330.972.2911) or your local police department.
- For Personally Identifiable Information (PII) please use the Security Incident Response plan for reporting this type of sensitive data
- Time maybe critical, please report the incident as soon as possible.
To report an incident, send email describing the event to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following:
- First and Last name.
- Phone number where you can be reached.
- Indicate any systems or IP address that might be involved (if you know)
- Indicate if the incident involves sensitive information such as the following:
- Credit Card Numbers
- Personnel information (SSN, birth date, address etc.)
- HIPAA protected information (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Policy)
- FERPA protected information (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Policy)