Pharos Printer Queue Automatic PC Setup and Mac Installation and Printer Queue Setup Instructions
We are in the process of updating the Pharos print server, during this transition you may need to update your drivers for your personal machines to print to a print station.
Pharos PC Printer Queue Driver Packages (Current Drivers)
Pharos PC Printer Queue Driver Packages (New Driver Packages)
Pharos Mac Printer Driver Installation and Print Queue Setup Instructions
Departmental Cost Changes
- Departments will no longer be charged a monthly fee in order to to maintain a Pharos Print Station.
- All Pharos print stations will be placed on the University's Cost Per Copy program. This program includes a print device, toner and maintenance at no cost to the departments.
- The Cost Per Copy charges will initially be paid for by Information Technology Services with the income from students printing going back to Information Technology Services to pay the Cost Per Copy click charge.
- Departments will continue to pay for paper as they did before the change.
- Additional Pharos Stations that are added to the program will require a one time fee of $660.00 or the current license fee at that time for each device.
- Departments that require Courtesy Cards or Supplemental Printing Accounts will need to send a requisition to Ed Peel in Auxiliary Services.
- Students will receive a credit of $3.75 for prints per semester on any Pharos print station.
- The costs per print will be $0.05 a page for Black and White and $0.10 a page for Color.
- How to get service for a station that is not functioning?
Contact the Help Desk at x6888 and have a work order opened to have the station serviced.
- How do I request a new / additional Pharos Print Station?
Contact the Help Desk at x6888 and have a request opened and a member Support Services will contact you regarding the request.