The Williams Honors College will host a Research Showcase on April 26, 2019. Students will have an opportunity to present the research and projects that they have undertaken, and our guests will have a chance to learn more about the Honors Research Projects and what's going on in the college. The presentations are meant to be short summaries of the work, and can take the form of a poster, computer presentation, or exhibition of a creative work.
The Showcase will take place in the Williams Honors Complex and students will display their work throughout the space. As guests, faculty, and other students explore, our students will be expected to be available for approximately an hour to discuss their project and answer questions. More details on the specific timing will be available as the date draws closer.
There are a number of majors that require students to present their Honors Research Project in a separate event. Students in these majors will not have to present their projects twice, but instead are allowed to only present at their department event. These programs include
- Aerospace Engineering (Student Union; April 26, 2019, 9:00am–1:00pm)
- Biomedical Engineering (Student Union; April 26, 2019, 9:00am–1:00pm)
- Biology (April 26, 2019)
- Business – Integrated Business Forum (May 3, 2019 & May 10, 2019)
- Economics (tba)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (Student Union; April 26, 2019, 10:00am–12:30pm)
- Interior Design (Emily Davis Gallery, Folk Hall; May 09, 2019, 6:00pm–8:00pm)
- Mechanical Engineering (Student Union; April 26, 2019, 9:00am–1:00pm)
and this list will be updated as additional opportunities arise. In addition, students that present work related to their Honors Project at the UA Interdisciplinary Symposium (UA-IS) are also not required to participate in the Williams Honors College Research Showcase. Please note that the submission deadline for UAIS has been extended to March 15, 2019.