The Resources For Hiring Page contains links to assist with advertising your position, evaluating candidates, interviewing and using Recruiting Solutions in Peoplesoft.
The New Employees Forms are located in the HR Forms Directory under the New Employees tab. Please complete and return to Human Resources at +4704. You do not need to complete these forms if you have worked for The University of Akron within the last 12 months.
Transition After Retirement Program (TARP) - designed to allow full-time faculty to transition from active employment into retirement with limited duties, by maintaining a presence on campus through a variety of means.
Reemployment After Retirement Under Rule 3359-11-15 (REM) - designed for full-time University of Akron employees who are eligible to retire from an Ohio pension system. This rule applies to all employees other than members of a bargaining unit in which an agreement governs the reemployment of retirees.
Phased Retirement Program (PRP) - designed to allow eligible contract professional and staff employees to retire from their regular full-time positions and continue to contribute to the success of the University and its students on a part-time basis.
- The VRIP is available to 1) full-time Akron-AAUP bargaining unit faculty members, 2) full-time School of Law faculty members and 3) full-time administrators with faculty rank whose age plus years of full-time continuous UA service equals a minimum of 75 as of May 31, 2018.
- The VRIP is not available to part-time faculty, temporary faculty, adjunct faculty, rehired retirees or faculty participating in the Transition After Retirement Program.
- One-time Special Separation Benefit up to $100,000 determined as follows: equal to 50% of 2017-2018 annual base rate of pay, plus 5% for each year of full-time continuous UA service in excess of 15 years (up to a maximum value of 100% of current pay or $100,000, whichever is less).
This Special Separation Benefit will be paid as follows:
- 40% will be paid in cash on July 31, 2018.
- 60% will be spread equally over three years in annual contributions to the 403(b) Plan beginning July, 2019.
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) to reimburse eligible medical care expenses of up to $4,000 per year for a four year period beginning July 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2022. If VRIP participants take full advantage of this benefit, they can be reimbursed for $16,000 of eligible medical expenses over the entire period.
- Sick Payout of one-fourth (25%) of accumulated sick pay up to a 240 hour maximum, to be paid on June 29, 2018.
- Vacation Payout (if applicable) of up to a maximum of 176 hours, to be paid on June 29, 2018.
- January 2018: Personalized packet mailed to the address of record of each VRIP eligible faculty.
- March 20, 2018 (or before): Acceptance forms must be postmarked or hand delivered to Talent Development & Human Resources. No action is required to decline VRIP participation.
- May 31, 2018 (or before): The last day worked for those who accept the VRIP.
- Contact Sarah Kelly (ext. 6134), Bill Viau (ext. 6410) or Michelle Smith (ext. 5146) in the Talent Development & Human Resources office.