Hiring, Separation and Personnel Actions
The Resources For Hiring Departments page contains information pertaining to:
- Checklists for Hiring and the Search Waiver Process, and Step-by-Step New Faculty Hiring Process
- Position Vacancies and the Search Committee Process - Including required Search Committee Training
- Advertising Open Positions
- Hiring Tools for Screening, Selection, and Evaluation
- Offer and Regret Letters
- Valid Reasons to Waive a Search
- System Help
The Part-time Faculty Hiring page contains information pertaining to:
- Dates and Deadlines
- Part-Time Faculty Hiring Process
- Part-Time Faculty Reappointment Process
- Resources and Samples for the Part-Time Teaching/Summer Sessions Personnel Action Form (PAF)
- Hiring Forms
- Notification of Other University Assignments
- Reasonable Assurance Process
Personnel Employment Changes
Personnel Action Form (PAF) Resources and Samples for Contract Professionals, Full-Time Faculty, Part-Time Faculty, and Staff.
Blank PAFs can be found in the Forms Directory under the Hiring Process Managers drop-down menu.
For detailed information on processing changes for part-time faculty, please visit the part-time faculty hiring webpage.
Transition After Retirement Program (TARP) - designed to allow full-time faculty to transition from active employment into retirement with limited duties, by maintaining a presence on campus through a variety of means.
Reemployment After Retirement Under Rule 3359-11-15 (REM) - designed for full-time University of Akron employees who are eligible to retire from an Ohio pension system. This rule applies to all employees other than members of a bargaining unit in which an agreement governs the reemployment of retirees.
Phased Retirement Program (PRP) - designed to allow eligible contract professional and staff employees to retire from their regular full-time positions and continue to contribute to the success of the University and its students on a part-time basis.