Academic Activity Reporting Requirements 


Due Date

Spring 2016 February 24, 2017

In order to be compliant with OBR/HEI (Ohio Board of Regents), all course sections must be assigned to a full-time faculty member, a part-time faculty member, or a teaching graduate assistant. The data collected from the Academic Activity File is required for annual reporting to OBR/HEI, and the completion of updates to the file is extremely time-sensitive.

For those who have not yet done so, please complete the TAAR’s processing course available on the Web at  This provides information regarding processing the TAAR’s in PeopleSoft Version 9.

The 14th day activity has been loaded from the registrar’s file. All Academic Activity for 12-month and 9-month faculty, and graduate assistants must be updated by February 24th. HRIS will run the comparison report on February 27th, and will be contacting you if there are any courses that do not have an instructor assigned.

Term Academic Activity Reports (TAARs)

Full-time Faculty:  A TAAR must be completed for each full-time 9, 10 or 12 month faculty member.  Teaching activity listed on the TAAR was taken from the registrar’s files. 

Graduate AssistantsA TAAR must be completed for all graduate assistants.  For teaching graduate assistants, load hours should reflect teaching assignments only if the Graduate Assistant is the instructor of record. 

Contract Professionals/StaffNo TAARs will print for this group of employees.  If a Contract Professional or Staff member is teaching a class and NOT receiving additional pay, this activity must be completed on a Personnel Action Form.  The title should indicate “AAF ONLY”, and does not need signed by the Provost; send directly to HRIS.

Part-time Faculty: TAARs are NOT required for part-time faculty.  The activity for part-time faculty will be obtained and updated from the Personnel Action forms by HRIS. 

Reminder – Do not return the paper copies of the TAARs to Human Resources. Departments should forward the completed forms to their respective Dean for signature.  The original forms should be retained by the department or Dean’s office, as applicable for your college.


If you have any questions regarding TAARs processing please contact Jacquelyn Rowan at (x8399).