LET'S DO SOMETHING GREAT, TOGETHER.
Located in Akron, Ohio, The University of Akron is one of the largest employers in the region, and offers an array of opportunities to teach, engage with students, connect with community, conduct groundbreaking research, and inspire future generations.
The Akron Advantage
Higher Education is a special place, and our employees and students make our campus diverse and vibrant. Working at UA includes a variety of perks and benefits not common in other industries.
Our award-winning Rec & Wellness Center offers special employee/family memberships, along with a variety of classes and activities.
Many employees, their spouses, and dependents are eligible for tuition remission - enrolling at UA at a significant discount. We believe education is a lifelong journey, whether it's exploring a new career path, keeping up on best practices as a professional, or being the first in the family to go to college.
Additional perks and benefits may also include competitive insurance coverage, membership in one of Ohio’s public pension funds and access to invest in other retirement accounts, paid holidays and vacation time, sick time for yourself or to care for a family member, and much more.
External applicants, click to see jobs for...
Web browser notice
For best results, applicants are encouraged to use the following browsers to access the application system: Google Chrome Version 29 and above; Firefox Version 16 and above; Safari Version 6 and above; Internet Explorer Version 8 through 11.
Questions? Contact Talent Development & Human Resources at 330-972-7090.
UA QUICK FACTS
- UA main campus is located 40 minutes from Cleveland, 30 minutes from Canton, one hour from Youngstown, and 2 hours from Columbus.
- Fall 2018 total student headcount: 20,554
- Total employees as of September 2018: 3,025
- University-wide student/faculty ratio is 19:1
- 93.1% of undergraduates are from Ohio, 4.9% are from out of state and 2% are from another country
- Approximately 178,000 alumni live and work around the world
- A vibrant campus life with more than 300 student organizations