Academic Program Review
This is a formative process of departmental strategic planning for refinement and growth.
Program Review Committee
- Graduate School Associate Dean—Academics, Charles Beneke
- Graduate Council Faculty Senate Representative, Philip Allen, BCAS
Three members elected from the Graduate Council
- Graduate Council Member 1, Shiva Sastry, Computer Engineering
- Graduate Council Member 2, Nicole Zacharia, PSPE
- Graduate Council Member 3, Marcus Braga Alves, CBA
Four members from the University faculty (teaching emphasis: 2 undergraduate, 2 graduate)
- University Faculty Member 1, David Perry, BCAS
- University Faculty Member 2, Sukanya Kemp, CAST
- University Faculty Member 3, Ingrid Weigold, CHP
- University Faculty Member 4, Tim Vierheller, Wayne
Five-year review cycle
This table shows the review cycle.
|Review Process||Time Allotted||2016-17 Completion Dates|
|Program Review documents distributed.||Wednesday, February 1, 2017|
|Optional Program Review Q & A meetings.||Leigh Hall 413, noon, Wednesday, Feb. 8,
and Leigh Hall 413, noon, Thursday, Feb. 9
|External Reviewer lists due to the provost||2 weeks||Wednesday, February 15|
|Departments complete all assessments and matrices.||6 weeks||Wednesday, March 15|
|College deans assess departmental reviews.||3 weeks||Wednesday, April 5|
|Program Review Committee assess reviews.||3 weeks||Wednesday, April 26|
|Reviews (non-doctoral) presented to the provost.||Friday, May 13|
|External Reviews for doctoral programs.||Fall 2017|
|Reviews (doctoral) presented to the provost.||Friday, Dec. 1|
Program Review template
External reviewer for doctoral program selection process
Doctoral programs must be reviewed by one external reviewer.
Neither departments nor colleges should contact external reviewers prior to approval of the provost to avoid any potential conflict of interest. Department chairs will submit the names and CVs of three proposed external reviewers to the college dean.
The dean may add two additional candidates.
Deans will submit these names to the provost who may add additional candidates and will generate a ranked list of external reviewers.
Members of the Program Review Committee will contact external reviewers. Departments will make arrangements for confirmed external reviewers’ visits.