Fall 2020 Testing Information
UA Main Campus Testing Centers (Computer Based Assessment and Evaluation, the Counseling & Testing Center, and the Office of Accessibility) are collaborating with the Classroom Scheduling Committee and Design & Development Services to prepare for the fall semester. Please be aware of the following testing information to manage social distancing guidelines:
- CBAE and CTC will only be staffed for individually scheduled exams, prioritizing students requiring accommodations and other urgent testing needs. Distancing guidelines constrain our ability to proctor entire courses this semester. Faculty are encouraged to contact staff at firstname.lastname@example.org (CBAE) and email@example.com (CTC) for consultation.
- Students may request scheduling through CBAE here or CTC here. Staff may approve, modify, or deny scheduling requests based on need for proctoring, and availability of resources.
- The Office of Accessibility has moved to limit in-person accommodated testing during the Fall 2020 semester. Accommodated in-person testing in the Office of Accessibility and the Counseling & Testing Center will be rare, and will require pre-approval from the student's assigned disability specialist. Students should continue to submit requests for testing in OA and CTC through STARS after receiving approval, and through CBAE here.
- Scantron exam scanning is available at CBAE but will have at least a 72-hour processing delay after drop-off to maintain the safety of those processing them. Faculty should schedule an appointment for drop-off here. Score reports will be electronically available.
- Faculty are encouraged to use Respondus Monitor for administering online exams. Students in need of technology (laptop, webcam, etc.) in order to complete their coursework are encouraged to complete a Help-A-Zip Referral Form at uakron.edu/referral. If students are unable to access Respondus Monitor due to use of Chromebooks, please encourage them to inform the course instructor. Design & Development Services can help them setup Proctorio for students using Chromebooks (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To schedule full class on campus testing contact Katie Cerrone (email@example.com) at least two weeks prior to the exam date. Note that this can only be utilized for hybrid or WWW with on campus testing course modalities.
Visit here for placement testing center locations, instructions, and information.