The ePortfolio tool in Brightspace is a user-focused online portfolio tool that empowers users to take an active role in their learning. Students can upload, organize, reflect on, revise, and present digital learning artifacts that demonstrate your learning and achievements.
The ePortfolio is:
- A personal repository of digital information
- An area to store artifacts that relate to personal interests, goals, education and achievement
- Collections demonstrating the your abilities and a platform for self-expression
- A learning record that provides evidence of achievement
Benefits to students include opportunities:
- for increased learning effectiveness
- to model professionalism
- to enhance information technology skills
- to demonstrate results of learning beyond the classroom
Benefits to faculty include opportunities:
- to leverage student motivation
- to align objectives and evaluation strategies
- to more efficiently manage student deliverables in distance courses
If you are interested in additional support for adding the ePortfolio to your Brightspace course site(s), please contact Wendy Lampner.