Turning Technologies Documentation - Faculty
Turning Technologies Documentation
TurningPoint Desktop is an Audience Response software package offered by Turning Technologies, allowing you to receive immediate feedback from polling participants through the use of clickers.
Please note: Clickers need to be ordered through the bookstore using the same process as textbooks. These instructions outline the process.
The following 3 part guide will walk you through how to add the TurningPoint widget to your Brightspace homepage, create a Turning Technologies account, and to add your course(s) to the TurningPoint application. Completing these three steps will get you ready to use TurningPoint in your course.
Vendor Documentation for TurningPoint Desktop
These guides are intended to provide you with the assistance needed to operate the Turning Technologies hardware and polling software.
TurningPoint PowerPoint Polling
TurningPoint PowerPoint Polling is one of the applications included within the TurningPoint Audience Response Systems package. PowerPoint Polling opens as an add-in to Microsoft Power-Point. The polling questions are inserted into slides and can be used along with your other lecture slides.
- PowerPoint Polling for PC Quick Start Guide
- PowerPoint Polling for Mac Quick Start Guide
- TurningPoint Video Guides
TurningPoint Anywhere Polling
TurningPoint Anywhere is one of the applications included within the TurningPoint Audience Response Systems package. Anywhere Polling can be used to poll within any application, including web pages, videos, and documents to receive immediate feedback from participants.
ResponseWare turns a participant’s web-enabled mobile device into a virtual Response Card. Participants are able to respond to polling questions using a Wi-Fi or data connection.
A Presenter Card is a radio frequency hardware clicker that interacts with TurningPoint assessment software. It allows presenters the ability to be mobile in a classroom while polling a classroom/audience. In addition, presenters have the ability to customize the device to control how they operate polling.
Turning Technologies Training Webinars
Get ideas, share content, explore resources and participate in blogs on the Turning Technologies user community. You can also access accredited support staff through live online course.
Turning Technologies/ Clickers FAQs
- I have students on my roster with response pads and mobile licenses listed as “Inactive.” Why is this?
- One student who just bought her pad and tried to register it, got the message saying that the activation code was invalid or already used. How is it possible?
- Login to your Turning Account at https://account.turningtechnologies.com/account/.
- Click the License tab. – Your license expiration date will be displayed on the left side of the window. If they do not see an expiration date, have them contact our support team for assistance.
- What should I do to make the correct answer indicator to appear immediately after polling is closed (i.e. without an extra click)?
Turning Technologies Support
Faculty or students in need of Turning support can send their inquiries to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org [Email]
- 866.746.3015 [Phone]
Someone is available to assist 7am to 9pm EST, Monday through Friday.