Respondus Monitor and Lockdown Browser
What is it?
Respondus LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment for Brightspace exams in proctored labs and classes. Hybrid and Online courses can use Respondus Monitor with LockDown browser for a fully-proctored experience.
How LockDown Browser Works
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
Features of Respondus Monitor
Respondus Monitor is used in conjunction with LockDown Browser. In addition to all of the features of LockDown Browser, Respondus Monitor adds:
- Webcam recording of the student through the exam session
- Audio recording through the exam session
- New for 2021, Live proctoring via Teams for online-synchronous classes
- LockDown Browser can be used without Monitor.
- Respondus Monitor must use LockDown Browser.
- Because it is ONLY a BROWSER, Respondus LockDown Browser should be used in the CBAE testing center or other proctored exam environments.
For Students: Respondus Quick Start Tutorials
- Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Additional Monitor Resources
- Additional LockDown Browser Resources
- How to Download and Use LockDown Browser and Monitor (PDF)
- Watch a quick video explaining Respondus Monitor from the student’s perspective.
- Having Trouble with a Chromebook? Can't start your quiz or exam? Click here for more info!
- Open a support ticket or search the Knowledge Base.
Install LockDown Browser
You must install LockDown Browser on each device (Windows, Mac, iPad or Chromebook) you are using to take a test. If you have already installed LockDown Browser, skip to the next section "Taking an Exam or Quiz". To install LockDown Browser on your computer:
- Download the LockDown Browser installer at: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=278437607
- Shut down all other browsers before installing (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc...).
- Open the installer and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the install.
- After installing LockDown Browser, return to Brightspace and navigate to your exam.
Taking an exam or quiz:
- Close all programs.
- Log into Brightspace and navigate to the exam.
- Click on the exam.
- From the exam start screen, scroll down and chose "Launch LockDown Browser" to begin the exam.
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging, SIRI, etc...), choose Yes when prompted.
- Once you have started a quiz or exam with LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until you complete and submit it.
For Faculty: Getting Started with LockDown Browser
Self-service videos and guides for faculty are available in the Keep Teaching Community site in Brightspace.
- Log into Brightspace
- Once logged in, follow this link, https://brightspace.uakron.edu/d2l/home/4142828 or look for the “ Join the Keep Teaching Community” button on the right-side of the screen.
- Click on Course Materials in the navbar and choose Content.
- Look for the Course Materials module then click on Quizzes and Exams.
- Find the Setting up Quizzes for Respondus Monitor content topic.
Note: If you've used Respondus on an exam in the past that has been copied to a new course, you MUST visit the LockDown Browser Dashboard in Brightspace to update the exam settings.
For Exams proctored on campus (EVERY Semester)
- Notify CBAE if your students have the option to use the proctored lab. This must be repeated every semester for each course.
- Modify the exam password based on the communication you received from CBAE.