Designing and Developing Your Online Course
A Hands-On Workshop
- Starts: Friday, September 13, 2019
- Ends: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Meets: Fridays from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm* with break for lunch
- Location: Bierce 274
- *On Friday, October 11, the session will run from 9:00-4:00 to accommodate APPMQR
- Fall Workshop Agenda will be posted soon.
This workshop is designed to assist faculty members in the creation of an online or hybrid course. Design and Development Services (DDS) staff will demonstrate all of the steps needed to design and develop a complete online course followed by hands on time to implement each step in your own course. Open Lab time is dedicated for you to work on your course in small groups with the support of the DDS staff on hand each day. Each group will be assigned an instructional designer with whom you can work and they will answer questions, help resolve any design challenges, and assist with the execution of new tools and ideas. Faculty will leave with a variety of takeaway resources including templates, handouts, samples, and completed course content.
Pre-reqs: You should be very comfortable using the basic features of Brightspace. You should bring materials with you for the course you will be developing during the workshop.