What is it?
Respondus Monitor is an online non-proctored solution for courses that are hybrid or fully online ONLY. Respondus Monitor helps to protect the integrity of online exams by recording the testing session for each individual student through the use of a webcam and microphone. Using Monitor also requires students to use Respondus LockDown Browser.
For Students: Respondus Monitor Quick Start Tutorials
For Faculty: Getting Started with Respondus Monitor
To use Respondus Monitor in your course, take these steps:
- If you want to allow students to take the exam in CBAE, you MUST complete this form immediately: https://akron.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6Gp45YZbrZTbHaR
- Important NOTE: Students CANNOT use Respondus Monitor in ANY public building on campus. This includes CBAE. For privacy reasons, Respondus Monitor is designed to ONLY be used in the student's home.
- If it is your first time using Respondus Monitor, contact Design & Development Services at 330-972-4455 to request access. You can also send an email to email@example.com with your full course number for the course(s).
- DDS will provide the setup instructions.
- DDS will add a student orientation module to your course. This will include a practice quiz for your students.
- Include a statement in your syllabus to notify students that they will be required to use the software. In consultation with you, DDS will provide the syllabus language.
- Please note that Respondus Monitor is only available for hybrid and online courses.
- Watch for a communication from DDS with instructions to get your exams ready for that term.
- Notify CBAE (https://akron.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6Gp45YZbrZTbHaR) if your students have the option to use the proctored lab. This must be repeated every semester for each course.
- For ALL exams that are using Respondus Monitor, you will need to visit your Respondus Monitor settings and change any passwords.