What is Respondus LockDown Browser?
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom web browser that works directly within Springboard to create a more secure testing environment. The software prevents students from opening other programs, accessing other portions of the course, and opening external websites. It also disables the ability to print and copy. For more information, watch this video on LockDown Browser.
What is Respondus Monitor?
Respondus Monitor, a companion to Respondus LockDown Browser, is a virtual proctoring solution for courses that are fully online. Respondus Monitor protects the integrity of online assessments by recording the testing session for each individual student through the use of a webcam and microphone.
Why Would You Use Respondus Monitor?
- It allows online assessments to be taken in convenient locations for students.
- It allows for openness in assessment and discourages dishonesty.
- It integrates with Springboard.
- It is easy to use.
- Instructors can review student assessments quickly.
- Students appreciate the fairness of a level playing field.
How Do You Get Started?
If you plan to use Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor in your course, we recommend taking these steps:
- Please note that Respondus Monitor is only available for use with courses that are taught fully online.
- Familiarize yourself with the software. If you would like to try taking an exam as a student, request access through: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a statement in your syllabus to notify students that they will be required to use the software.
- Provide links to resources for LockDown Browser and Monitor for your students.
- Create an ungraded practice quiz with unlimited attempts that requires Respondus LockDown Brower and Monitor. This will help eliminate any technical issues when the students are ready to take an actual exam.
How Can You Get Help?
Contact Springboard Help for support with Respondus Monitor (email@example.com).