VPN software allows eligible users to access University resources even when they are using a commercial ISP. It accomplishes this by establishing an encrypted tunnel between a home/remote PC and the campus network. All campus-bound traffic is routed through the tunnel with a campus IP address, making that traffic appear to be originating from on-campus.
- Since wireless networks are notoriously insecure, using VPN can give you another layer of security and protection, particularly when you’re sending sensitive information.
- Uses an existing Internet connection to establish a direct link to the campus network. This is useful in obtaining network drives such as the H: drive.
- UAnet ID
- Active ZipCard
- Windows 7 or higher
- MacOS v10.8 or higher
- FortiClient VPN
- FortiClient VPN Setup:
- First click on "Remote Access"
- Then "Configure VPN
- When setting up the VPN Client enter the following information:
- VPN: SSL-VPN
- Connection Name: UA VPN
- Description: UA VPN
- Remote Gateway: 220.127.116.11
- Customize port: 443 (check the box)
- Client Certificate: None
- Authentication: Prompt on login
- This should be checked: Do not Warn Invalid Server Certificate
- Click Save
- When logging into this VPN you will be prompted to enter your UANET ID and password.
If you receive the error "Invalid Server Certificate" then click "Yes."
- Faculty & Staff