The University of Akron recycles old personally-owned computing and electronics equipment. We accept computer components from any manufacturer. We partner with Central Stores to safely provide a comprehensive data destruction system guaranteed to comply with federal laws and regulations.
- Free, secure service to recycle your old equipment
- Environmentally friendly alternative to putting items in landfill
- Recycling methods in compliance with health and safety laws
- Meets US Department of Defense and National Security Agency requirements for purging classified information
- Meets Federal Privacy Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) and state legislation
- Convenient on-campus location
- Drop off at Computer Center, 185 Carroll. St, Akron, Ohio 44325-3501
- Once a computer is delivered for recycling, it cannot be returned to the owner. Participation in this program constitutes a relinquishment of all rights to the hardware and other computer materials delivered to be recycled.
- We recommend deleting information from your computer prior to recycling it. Remember to delete sensitive information, back-up necessary files, and remove all transportable media prior to delivery.
Information Technology Services (ITS)
185 Carroll Street