Prelaw Undergraduate Scholars (PLUS) Program
The Akron Law PLUS Program offers an innovative and supportive environment for students with diverse backgrounds who want to explore a legal education.
Out of an abundance of caution, the 2020 PLUS Program at Akron Law has been cancelled. We are no longer accepting applications. Please stay tuned for more information as we look ahead to the 2021 PLUS Program.
VIDEO: Hear what recent participants had to say about The Akron Law PLUS Program.
Pre-Law PLUS immersion program earns rave reviews
The 20 minority students and others from less privileged backgrounds who participated in the 2018 program gave it high marks.
The PLUS Program is specifically designed for current freshman and sophomore college students.
During this 4-week residential program you will:
- Experience the law school classroom, while learning how law impacts our daily lives.
- Visit courthouses and meet lawyers and judges, so you can explore various career paths in law.
- Learn about the law school application process and be positioned for success.
- Gain the confidence and skills needed to enroll and succeed in law school.
Our curriculum will challenge you and help you to explore new possibilities in the law. You'll work hard, but you will also have fun, and make lifelong friends from around the country!
- The program is focused on, but not restricted to, college students from underrepresented groups.
- Applicants must be currently-enrolled college students with at least 24 and no more than 72 credit hours completed.
The University of Akron School of Law
C. Blake McDowell Law Center
150 University Ave.
Akron, OH 44325-2901