Please follow these instructions when submitting your application to The University of Akron School of Law.
- Fill in all applicable fields completely and answer all questions honestly.
- Pay special attention to enter vital identifying data - such as LSAC account number, date of birth, and contact information - carefully and completely.
- Be very careful to answer the Character and Fitness/Bar Exam Clearance Requirements questions honestly and completely, according to the instructions provided in the application. In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
- The Admissions Office makes extensive use of email to communicate with applicants. Therefore, please be sure to enter your e-mail address correctly in the designated field on the application. Also, please add the following e-mail addresses to your e-mail account's address book, "safe senders list," or "whitelist" to ensure that none of our messages get blocked by bulk e-mail filters: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and LawAdmissions@lsac.org.
- Personal Statements and Other Documents: You may electronically attach files to your application. When considering which attachments to send with your application, please keep in mind that the Admissions Committee will read between 1,500 and 2,500 applications in an application cycle, so you must provide complete information, but you must also be concise.
If you have supporting documentation that you are not able to electronically attach to your application, you may send it to us one of three ways:
- Email it to email@example.com.
- Fax it to 330.258.2343, attn: Law Admissions.
- Mail it to this address: Barbera Weinzierl, The University of Akron School of Law, Akron, OH 44325-2901
- Before submitting, double check the information you have entered into the form, and if you attached a file, make sure that you have attached the correct file to your application.
- Please refrain from immediately sending follow-up email messages or making phone calls to confirm receipt of your application. If you submit your application electronically, LSAC will confirm that your application was sent properly. Regardless of how you submit your application, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application within one week of submission.
- Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation are an optional part of your application. The Admissions Committee strongly suggests that each applicant get one to three letters of recommendation submitted on his or her behalf. Please see the application requirements for a more complete discussion of Letters of Recommendation.
Please contact the Admissions Office at 800-425-7668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.