Associate Professor of Law
- Published “Reassessing the Avoidance Canon in Erie Cases,” 44 Akron L. Rev. 1067 (2011).
- Published “Summary Judgment and the Influence of Federal Rulemaking” as the Foreword to the symposium on the Future of Summary Judgment, 43 Akron L. Rev. 1107 (2010).
- Presented on federal and state e-discovery issues at the Stark County Law Day Program.
- Presented “E-Discovery: A View from the States” at the IQBC Third Annual E-Discovery Symposium for the Financial Services in New York City.
- Submitted extensive written comments to the Federal Advisory Committee on the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure regarding Proposed Bankruptcy Rule 3001(c), which deals with information to be provided in a creditor’s proof of claim and the sanctions for failing to include the required information. Supplemented the extensive written comments and turned the piece into an article regarding “Proposed Bankruptcy Rule 3001 (c)” and whether it violates the Bankruptcy Rules Enabling Act, which prohibits the promulgation of Rules that have substantive impact.
- Posted blogs to the Akron Law Café.
- Was elected to the Executive Committee of the Association of American Law Schools Section on Litigation.