Professor of Law and Faculty Director of The Joseph G. Miller and William C. Becker Center for Professional Responsibility
- Published “What Every Entertainment Lawyer Needs to Know – How to Avoid Being the Target of a Legal Malpractice Claim or Disciplinary Action,” Vol. II Counseling Clients in the Entertainment Industry 2012, 92 (2012).
- Spoke on a panel titled “Religion in the Classroom: Focus on Ethics” at the Annual Conference of Religiously Affiliated Law Schools (RALS) at Touro Law Center. The theme of the conference was “The Place of Religion in the Law School, the University, and the Practice of Law.”
- Steven I. Friedland & Jack P. Sahl, 2011 Supplement to Evidence Law Problems (3d. edition Lexis Nexis).
- Published “Behind Closed Doors: Shedding Light on Lawyer Self-Regulation – What Lawyers Do When Nobody’s Watching,” 48 San Diego L. Rev. 447 (February – March 2011).
- Published “2011 Update: What Every Entertainment Lawyer Needs to Know – How to Avoid Being the Target of a Legal Malpractice Claim or Disciplinary Action,” Vol. I Counseling Clients in the Entertainment Industry 2011, 661-701 (2011).
- Taught international lawyers, students and a judge in two 5-week courses, (1) U.S. legal System and (2) Law, Moral, and Professional Responsibility: Media Reflections of Lawyers and Judges- Myths & Reality, at Yale University.
- Presented at the FOURTH INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ETHICS CONFERENCE (ILEC), Restrictions on Practice and Cross-Jurisdictional Boundaries as a panel member and “Barring Foreign-Educated lawyers from Sitting for the Bar Exam” at Stanford Law School Center on the Legal Profession in Palo Alto, California.
- Discussed, in part “Barring Foreign-Educated lawyers from Sitting for the Bar Exam” at the 26th ABA/BNA Lawyer’s Manual on Professional Conduct 447-48.
- Published “Entertainment Law - The Specter of Malpractice Claims and Disciplinary Actions,” 20 Marq. Sports L. Rev. 377-409 (Spring 2010).
- Presented at the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
- Moderated the Ethics and Professionalism Committee Annual Program in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Published “Foreword: A New Era- Quo Vadis?,” 43 Akron L. Rev. 641 (2010).
- Co-presented and moderated “Some Recent Professional Responsibility Developments.”
- Facilitated Libre De Derecho De Monterrey, Global Legal Skills Conference, “Teaching Lawyers Across Borders: How Film & Documentaries Promote Law, Morals $ Professional Responsibility” in Monterrey, Mexico.
- Appointed to Executive Board of the AALS Professional Responsibility Section.