Title: Adjunct Professor and Trademark Clinic Professor
Dan is a U.S. Patent attorney who obtained his Juris Doctorate from the Ohio State University College of Law in 1998. He is co-managing partner of Emerson, Thomson Bennett LLC, a full-service intellectual property law firm. His practice includes U.S. and foreign prosecution of patents, trademarks, and copyrights, and litigation research pertaining to all areas of intellectual property law. He has personally filed or prosecuted over 800 trademark applications and over 400 patent applications.
Dan's educational background also includes a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Florida State University in 1993. He is a member of the State Bar of Ohio, the Akron Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, National Law Association, Christian Legal Society, and the American Chemical Society, and is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the Supreme Court of Ohio, the Northern District of Ohio, the District of Colorado, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
He has directed the Trademark Clinic at Akron Law since 2016.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation research
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1998
- Florida State University
- Bachelor of Science - 1993
- Major: Chemistry
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Ohio, Member
- Akron Bar Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- National Law Association, Member
- Christian Legal Society, Member
- American Chemical Society, Member