Starting a new organization is essentially the same as reactivating an inactive organization. In order to start or reactivate an organization, follow these steps:
- Find a faculty advisor.
- Write a constitution (in the case of a new organization) or revise the old constitution (in the case of a restarted organization; contact Barbara Weinzierl for a copy of the most recent copy of the constitution in question) according to the sample constitution template.
- Elect officers according to the procedure outlined in the constitution.
- Hold a vote among the officers to adopt the constition.
- Print a copy of the constitution and have all of the officers and the faculty advisor sign it.
- Present a signed copy of the constitution to the Alumni and Student Affairs Committee for approval. The current chair of this committee is Professor Margery Koosed (email@example.com).
- After the Alumni and Student Affairs Committee approves your organization, they will present it to the faculty for approval at their next meeting.
- Once the faculty have approved your organization, e-mail a copy of your constitution (in MS Word format) to Barbara Weinzierl (firstname.lastname@example.org).