SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certification Prep
The Next-Generation Credentials for HR Professionals
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know, but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™.) These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal advanced professional development to employers. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Ensure you're prepared with The University of Akron's SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certification Preparation, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge of practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge, and stay on track for success on the exam.
There are 10 sessions in the class spread across 12 weeks with two breaks.
The course investment includes all course materials. It does not cover the cost of registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations.
Who should enroll:
- HR professionals qualified under SHRM requirements for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification who are preparing for the exam. Visit: www.shrm.org for more information.
Instructor: Robb Martin
Note: This is a Hybrid Class. At least 3 sessions will be in-person; the remaining sessions will be held virtually with the instructor.
Dates: February 13 - May 1, 2023
Class meets: Mondays from 5:30 to 9:00 pm EST (10 sessions).
Location: The University of Akron, Akron Campus
SHRM Essentials in Human Resources
Human resource issues impact every company so it's important to understand fundamental HR issues.
This course provides an introductory overview of the human resource function. Whether you are new to HR or if HR is one of many roles you fulfill at your company, this program covers the key HR topics you need to know.
Instructor: Vicki Brinkmann
Who can benefit?
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for your company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel who want to increase your knowledge of U.S. HR practices
Build a solid foundation in HR management skills
By covering a breadth of practical HR topics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides the knowledge to perform daily tasks. Through this course, you will also:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA.)
- Gain insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Enhance your skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases, incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, professional development, and training.
Why take the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course?
- Time-efficient and comprehensive: One training program covers vital HR topics in less than 20 training hours.
- Focused learning and professional development: Condensed format and online study tools help you stay on track.
- Peer and Instructor Interaction: Network and gain real-world insights into HR while learning the content.
- Cost-effective: Includes all you need to learn the basics of HR in one training source, with corporate discounts for group training.
- Business & Professional Development
- Career Training Programs
- Computer Training
- Exam Preparation - Testing
- Healthcare Training
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Quality Improvement
- Six Sigma
- ISO 13485 Audit Preparation
- Online Classes and Programs
All programs can be customized for your organization, and offered at your location.