Circulation Student Assistant
Title: Circulation Student Assistant
The Circulation Department boasts a fun and diverse blend of student employees. Our students are responsible for the circulation, maintenance, and security of the library collection. In addition, students provide support at two service desks and in three processing areas by assisting staff and patrons, checking out/in library materials, working on projects, and processing materials & requests. The Circulation Department has flexible scheduling, including nights and weekends. Friendliness, dependability, and strong customer service skills are a must!
How to apply:
On page 3 of the UL Application for Student Employment, select "Access Services" as your departmental preference .
Please note: complete only one application, even if applying for more than one position.
- Eligibility Requirements -- You must be a full-time student in good standing at The University of Akron:
- Undergrads: min. 12 credit hours.
- Grad students: min. 9 credit hours.
- Work Study students: min. 6 credit hours.
- You must maintain a 2.25 GPA or better.
- Provide complete contact information:
- Phone numbers: Home phone and cell phone
- E-mail: Provide the email address that you check regularly.
- Name the best way to contact you.
- Application should INCLUDE:
- Number of Credit hours scheduled for the semester.
- Hours available to work weekly—days and shifts.
- Number of work hours preferred weekly.
- Preferred Department or position, if any.
- A Basic Resume – simple, one-page.
- Reference Contact Info
- Application --OPTIONAL:
- Federal Work-Study Award– Check your Financial Aid on ZipLine
- Attach current class schedule for the semester.
- Please know that you may UPDATE your application information online as needed.