Grants for Library Materials
2017 Friends of University Libraries Grants for Library Materials
Named for the Friends of University Libraries, these grants support purchases beyond the scope of the Libraries’ regular materials budget. Applications for grants of up to $1,000 per requester are invited. Requested resources must be one-time purchases, not subscription based materials, and may be for any format that the library can support.
Please note: All materials purchased with Friends grant money are owned and retained by the University Libraries. Additionally, all materials purchased are available to the entire UA community.
Process: To apply, send a memo or email to Assistant Professor of Practice Sean Kennedy, Collection Management Librarian, University Libraries (+1709). Please provide the following information:
- Information about yourself (e.g., Name, position, college, etc.)
- What you need (in general terms - particular titles or items can be specified upon receiving the grant).
- Specifically, how will these materials aid in your teaching/research?
- If materials are for research support, what is your research objective?
- Who else, other than yourself, will benefit from the materials purchased with grant money?
Application Deadline: November 5, 2017
The University Libraries will determine which requests will be funded and notify all applicants accordingly. Limited funds are available. For more information, please contact Sean Kennedy at x8581 or email him at email@example.com.