Rank: Associate Professor of Bibliography
Selected Works - bepress: https://works.bepress.com/david-prochazka/
Areas of Responsibility: Cataloging (particularly music scores & recordings, print serials, foreign language resources, government documents, and microforms); OCLC cataloging services (including Connexion software and authorizations); staff version of local catalog (including importing, indexing, and database maintenance)
David joined faculty of The University of Akron in 1998. Prior to that, he worked at Rush University and the American Hospital Association, both in Chicago.
MALIS, Dominical University, 1993
BMus, Roosevelt University, Chicago Musical College, 1987
- Procházka, David. “The Development of Uniform Titles for Choreographic Works.” Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, v. 42, no. 1 (2006): 7-20.
- Procházka, David. “Cataloging Contemporary Music Manuscripts and Related Materials: A Look at Library of Congress Practices (Part 2).” Technical Services Quarterly, v. 20, no. 1 (2002): 1-12.
- Procházka, David. “Cataloging Contemporary Music Manuscripts and Related Materials: A Look at Library of Congress Practices (Part 1).” Technical Services Quarterly, v. 19, no. 4 (2002): 17-30.
- Authority Tools for Audio-Visual and Music Catalogers: An Annotated List of Useful Resources. 7 January 2003. (Superseded; current version: http://olacinc.org/authority-tools-audiovisual-and-music-catalogers-annotated-list-useful-resources#rm)
- Authority Tools for Audio-Visual and Music Catalogers: An Annotated List of Useful Resources. 2 February 2002. (Superseded by 2003 edition; no longer available online)
- Authority Tools for Audio-Visual Catalogers: An Annotated List of Useful Resources. Subcommittee on Authority Tools, Cataloging Policy Committee, OnLine Audiovisual Catalogers, Inc. 6 March 2001. Co-editor with Iris Wolley, Cornell University. (Superseded by 2002 edition; no longer available online)
- Procházka, David. Charles François Gounod: A Research and Information Guide, by Timothy S. Flynn. Music Reference Services Quarterly, v. 13, no. 3 (2010): 146-149.
- Procházka, David. Cataloger’s Desktop. Technical Services Quarterly, v. 24, no. 3 (2007): 95-98.
- Procházka, David. Organizing Audiovisual and Electronic Resources for Access: A Cataloging Guide, by Ingrid Hsieh-Yee. The Journal of Academic Librarianship, v. 27, no. 4 (July 2001): 325.
- Procházka, David. A Guide to the Library of Congress Classification, 5th ed., by Lois Mai Chan. The Journal of Academic Librarianship, v. 26, no. 4 (July 2000): 290-291.
- Dukas, Paul. Polyeucte. München: Musikproduktion Jürgen Höflich, 2018. Wrote new introduction. (https://repertoire-explorer.musikmph.de/wp-content/uploads/vorworte_prefaces/3060.html)
- Janáček , Leoš. Na Soláni Čarták. München: Musikproduktion Jürgen Höflich, 2016. Wrote new introduction. (https://repertoire-explorer.musikmph.de/en/product/janacek-leos-9/)
- D’Indy, Vincent. Diptyque méditerranéen: op. 87. München: Musikproduktion Jürgen Höflich, 2015. Wrote new introduction. (https://repertoire-explorer.musikmph.de/wp-content/uploads/vorworte_prefaces/1629.html)
- Marco, Guy A. Literature of American Music III, 1983 1993. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 1996. Contributed annotations to jazz section.
- Frank, Christine D., ed. Patient Education Sourcebook, Volume II. St. Louis: Health Sciences Communications Association, 1990. Contributing editor.
- Skafish. Bootleg 21-35. 829 Records, 2012, streaming audio. Keyboard player and background vocalist in music ensemble.
- Skafish. What’s This?: 1976-1979. 829 Records, 2008, compact disc. Pianist, organist, and background vocalist in musical group.