3D Print Requests
To submit a 3D printing request, fill out this form completely. We will contact you if we need any additional information. You will receive an email with instructions for pick up when your job is complete. All pick ups will now be at the Bierce Library Circulation Desk.
Because of the number of print jobs we receive, requests are subject to the following restrictions:
- Academic Prints: Includes class assignments, design projects and active research projects. Academic jobs are not limited, but are subject to review by MakerStudio staff.
- All submissions must be submitted at least 3-5 business days before due-date.
- All submission must provide course or organization name and the instructor or faculty advisor associated with the project. These will be checked with faculty before printing.
- Personal Prints: MakerStudio will no longer be processing Personal Prints.
- File Format: we can only print .stl, .obj, or .thing files
- 1 request at a time. Please wait until you’ve picked up your finished print before submitting a new request.
- The combined size of your files must be smaller than 20mb to submit
Click an image to select a color.
Additional Academic Color/Material Selections
In-fill is the amount of plastic used on the inside of your model. Please note: the larger in-fill, the longer your model will take to print.
Click an image to select in-fill amount.
If you have specific requirements, or additional instructions for printing your file, please include them here.
If you uploaded more than one file, please indicate here in which color you'd like each file printed.
Per University of Akron policies, any weapon or object intended for harm will be reported to the judicial affairs. If you have any questions regarding whether your object may breach this policy, please contact us.
I agreed to the UA Bierce Library 3D Printing and 3D Scanning Policies. Without agreeing to this policy my print job may be delayed or refused.
Before submitting this form, please make sure to fill in all required fields and that your printable file is attached.
Having trouble with this form? Tell us about it.