ADVISING & REGISTRATION
All incoming freshmen attending one of our Advising & Registration Programs should expect to spend a fun-filled full day on-campus. Check-In begins at 8:15 a.m. Our Final Roo-minders will conclude by 3:30 p.m. Below is the schedule you can expect. Your schedule will be personalized based off your major and group for the day! Information for parent and family members can be found on our parent and family page.
After you check in, take part in the Explore UA Involvement Fair. Learn about campus resources, check out groups to get involved in, and find out more about the many different resources UA has to offer. You may even see Zippy roaming around for a picture!
Learn all about the importance of starting your college experience off strong and finishing stronger. Making connections, exploring campus resources, seeking out involvement opportunities, and understanding your journey towards graduation is a shared commitment early on in your college experience will help you in writing your own story – your unique Akron Experience.
Fun! Exciting! Engaging! The Akron Experience is all of that and more. Learn all about it and its seven key areas from some of the students who are living it right now. Our Orientation Leaders have tips about textbooks, parking, getting involved, and much more to help you out on the right foot in the fall!
You will meet with an academic advisor to discuss your first semester at UA, and receive your class schedule after learning how to add & drop classes using My Akron.
Following our Advising & Registration Program, feel free to take advantage of any optional programs available. Activities include:
- Visit Ritchie Residence Hall for assistance on housing or a residence hall tour
- Visit Zip Assist and the Student Services Center for questions and assistance regarding student accounts, registration, financial aid, and information for commuter students
- A Day in the Life of a Zip Tour: Walk your class schedule with some of our Orientation Leaders
- Visit PNC Bank, the official on-campus banking partner of UA
- Visit The University of Akron Bookstore to shop UA gear
What should you bring?
Do you need anything? Is lunch provided? These are common questions, so take note of what you need before you get here!
- Your orientation parking permit.
- A form of photo identification.
- Your UANet ID (please check your admission's information or call our Computer Support Desk at 330-972-6888).
- A smile - we will be taking your picture for your Zip Card.
- Comfortable walking shoes, you will be walking!
- Lightweight jacket or sweater, some air-conditioned rooms can get chilly!
- Umbrella, if rain is in the forecast.
- Money, if you would like to visit our bookstore to purchase UA gear!
- We provide a light breakfast and lunch is complimentary, so no need to bring food!
- Your questions, because we're here to help!