THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON SCHOOL OF NURSING
Bachelor's of science in nursing for LPNs
For more information about our undergraduate programs, fill out this form, or call 330-972-5103 during normal business hours.
The University of Akron School of Nursing offers a career pathway to meet the needs of Licensed Practical Nurses who are interested in earning the baccalaureate degree in nursing. The sequence is designed for LPNs who completed a practical nursing curriculum, as well as LPNs with bachelor's degrees in an area other than nursing. The pathway provides learning activities that build on prior knowledge and experience.
LPN education: The LPN to BSN option
The LPN/BSN sequence is designed for nurses who wish to obtain a baccalaureate degree in nursing.
The program itself, after completion of the prerequisites, is 2½ years in length, full-time. A part-time option is available.
Highlights of the LPN/BSN program
- Completion of the baccalaureate degree in less than three years after prerequisites are finished
- Builds on prior learning and clinical experience
- Spring semester start -last prerequisites may be completed at this time
- Credit by exam given for previous LPN experience
Current LPN/BSN Students
Online payment option for credit by exam for 8200:211 after completion of 8200:216 follow CASHNet link below.
Make a payment:
Press the CASHNet button below and you will be redirected to the CASHNet site where you will be able to make a payment, sign up for installment payment plan, view your electronic bills or setup a parent/authorized user account.
You may have to disable your pop-up blocker to access the CASHNet site.
This link will expire is 30 seconds. If you are not successfully redirected, exit the page and try again.
- Graduation from an accredited LPN program
- An active LPN license
- Admission to the University of Akron and School of Nursing
- A grade of "C" or above average in all prerequisite courses. Courses taken at other colleges may be transferred to receive credit towards prerequisite requirements
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5. Grades for transfer work are combined with those earned at the University of Akron in the computation of the admission GPA
All LPN students are admitted directly to the School of Nursing as undergraduate students. School of Nursing advisors will provide guidance to the student as to the prerequisite courses needed and a plan of study that will best meet the student's needs.
The college requires entering students to submit to a background check.
Call Send SMS Add to Skype You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype