Around the World Party
You are invited to the Around the World Party!
TBA announced sometime in fall, 2014
Come and experience the cultures of the world at one party! The Office of International Programs (OIP) would like to invite the UA community to the Around the World Party. The party celebrates the different cultures, ethnicities, religions, and music represented by our students, faculty, & staff. There will be music from around the world played by our D.J., dancing, snacks, beverages, cultural demonstrations and more! Last year we had over 500 people attend, and we anticipate even more this year!
Discounted admission is $3 per person if you reserve your ticket online by TBA announced sometime in fall, 2014. Visit the Office of International Programs home page, click on “OIP eMarket,” then “General Fees,” then “Around the World Party.”
Admission is $5 the day of the event. Everyone must show their Zip Card at the door and may bring one guest from the community at large. The guest must bring a picture I.D.
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to be the photographer for the party, please contact Jennifer Olin-Hitt at ext. 3503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there!
Volunteer Information about the "Around the World Party"
The Office of International Programs is beginning to plan for the “Around the World Party,” which will be held on TBA announced sometime in fall, 2014. This is the biggest party we have during the school year and we would like your help! Last year we had over 500 people attend and we would like to make it even bigger this year! For those of you who do not know, the “Around the World Party” is an event that celebrates the different cultures, ethnicities, religion, and music represented by our students, scholars & employees. To do this we need your help!
We are looking for volunteers who would like to:
- Set up a cultural display table representing their country, ethnicity or religion
- Host an interactive cultural activity, such as a board game, origami, calligraphy, a short language lesson, etc
- Teach a cultural dance to interested students
- Perform a dance demonstration
- Perform a musical instrument demonstration
- Perform a martial arts demonstration
- Help set up for the party
- Help clean up after the party
Volunteers will receive a free ticket to the party. Please contact Jennifer Olin-Hitt at email@example.com or 330-972-3503 if you have any questions or concerns.
- Application for Around the World Party Participation form
- Application for Around the World Party Volunteer form
Hope to see you there!