Parents: Welcome to The University of Akron
Welcome! This is an exciting time to have a son or daughter at The University of Akron, as our University has never been stronger than it is today. Freshmen enrollment has increased about 30 percent since 2005, largely because of:
- our outstanding faculty and academic programs,
- the 300 academic programs that we offer, and
- our revitalized campus, which includes a new Student Union, rec center, stadium and residence halls.
Our students participate in over 250 recognized clubs and student organizations, focused on academics, the arts, athletics, science, music, leadership, service and more.
We are committed to making the transition to college easy for you and your student. We have a number of services available to help students adjust to college life and succeed academically.
We hope that you, as well as your son or daughter, will enjoy being members of the Akron family.
Helpful Articles for Parents
- Ten Parental Habits That Can Negatively Affect Your College Student
- How Parents Can Help College Students Value Their Mistakes
- Academically Dismissed from College? Ten Steps to Move On
- What is a "Satisfactory Academic Progress" Policy for Financial Aid?