Parking Updates Through June 4th
- Lot 18 south, at the Student Union, will continue to be closed through the conclusion of a repair project. Alternate parking for visitors will be at the visitor meters by Lot 36 - South Campus Deck, on E. Exchange Street.
- Lot 6, Lot 9, and Vine St, near InfoCision Stadium, will experience increased traffic volume on both Wednesday, May 27, and Thursday, May 28, from 3:30 p.m. through the conclusion of the softball games that afternoon, or approximately 7 p.m. Alternate parking for commuters will be in Lot 1 - East Campus Deck or Lot 9, south of the InfoCision Stadium.
- Lot 18 south, at the Student Union, will be closed Monday June 1, from 8 a.m. through 4 p.m. for a special event. Alternate parking for visitors will be the meters by Lot 36 - South Campus Deck, on E. Exchange Street.
- Lot 70, near Quaker Station at Quaker Square, will be partially reserved Wednesday, June 3, at 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. for an Akron Roundtable event. Please observe the signs and cones placed in the reserved spaces. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 70 just north of the Mill Street Bridge.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.