Parking Updates Through August 28th
- Vine St., north of InfoCision Stadium, will be closed at midnight on Saturday, Aug. 22, through the conclusion of the Zips Fanfest Sunday at approximately 3 p.m. All vehicles must vacate the posted area by midnight or face towing at owners' expense. Alternate parking for commuters will be available in Lot 1 - East Campus Deck.
- Lot 6 and Vine St., at InfoCision Stadium, will be closed at midnight on Monday, Aug. 24, through the conclusion of the press conference Tuesday at approximately 2 p.m. All vehicles must vacate the posted area by midnight or face towing at owners' expense. Alternate parking for commuters will be available in Lot 1 - East Campus Deck and Lot 9, south of the stadium.
- Lot 6 and Vine St, at InfoCision Stadium, will have parking attendants present Tuesday, Aug. 25, at 7 a.m. to restrict access to authorized personnel only. Alternate parking for commuter vehicles will be in Lot 1 - East Campus Deck and Lot 9, south of the stadium.
- Lot 18 south, at the Student Union, will be partially reserved on Tuesday, Aug. 25 through Thursday Aug. 27, at 6 a.m. through 2 p.m. for a series of meetings. Parking will be reserved for meeting attendees only. Alternate parking for visitors will be available at the parking meters by Lot 36 - South Campus Deck, on E. Exchange Street.
- Lot 70, near Quaker Station at Quaker Square, will be reserved Wednesday, Aug. 26, at 6 a.m. through 6 p.m. for International Program orientation and Quaker resident move in. The events are expected to draw a large number of students, which will significantly increase demand for parking in and around Quaker Square. Please observe the signs and cones placed in the reserved spaces, attendants will help direct traffic. Alternate parking will be available in the Grounds Services Lot 40 and the Administrative Services Building Lot 71 for event participants and commuters.
- The following lots will be closed Wednesday Aug. 26 for North Quad resident move in:
- The following lots will be closed Thursday Aug. 27 for South and East Quad resident move in:
- Lot 6, at InfoCision Stadium, will be partially reserved on Thursday, Aug. 27, at 6 a.m. through 1 p.m. for a meeting. Parking will be reserved for meeting attendees only. Alternate parking for visitors will be at the remaining open meters in the lot and commuters may park in Lot 9, south of the stadium.
Online parking permit application for employees now open
The online parking permit application for fall 2015 and full year 2015-2016 for employees is now open. Please apply online for your new permit. You will need to log in to the application with your UANet ID and password. Be sure to select the proper term as well as entering all pertinent information into the application; personal data, vehicle data, department, and payroll deduction option. Employees selecting payroll deduction will have their permits sent in a batch to their department in August.
Employees with a state issued disability placard will need to complete the standard application then proceed to the next step for placard verification. Use of disability spaces on campus requires placard registration and a special hangtag permit. Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services with any questions: email@example.com
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.