News: Upcoming Parking Lot Closures and Events
Parking updates through October 7th
- Friday, September 30, there will be increased traffic in the lots around the Student Union due to Engineering Day. Participants are being directed to Lot 36. Alternative parking will be available in Lot 39 and Lot 34.
- Lot 18, the lot at the Student Union, will be partially reserved Monday, October 3. Alternate parking is available in Lot 36, Lot 37, and Lot 39.
- Tuesday, October 4, will have increased traffic in the parking lots near the Student Union due to the Engineering Career Day. Alternative parking will be available in Lot 26 (North Campus Parking Deck).
- Lot 6, the lot at InfoCision Stadium, will be partially reserved Friday, October 7, for the Alumni Award Dinner. Alternate parking will be available at the remaining open meters in the lot and in Lot 9, south of the stadium.
The intersection of E. Mill St. and S. College St will be closed beginning Monday, September 19 for sewer repair work. This closure is expected to last approximately three weeks. Visit DriveAkron for information on detour routes.
The METRO DASH Route regularly passes through this intersection will reroute from the Quaker Square stop to Summit St. to Market St. to S. Union Street to serve the College of Arts and Sciences Stop.
Roo Express Shuttle to Kent
Saturday, October 1st, the Roo Express will be making a special trip to Kent State campus for the Akron-Kent football game. Two shuttle busses will run between the University of Akron Student Union and the AK-ROWDIES tailgate at Kent from noon till 8:30 pm. The last outbound trip to Kent will depart the Student Union at 3 pm. Return trips from Kent will commence after the game and the final return trip will leave Kent at 8:30pm. Follow Parking and Transportation Services website and announcements on DoubleMap for updates on this trip to Kent.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at email@example.com.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.