Parking updates through Oct. 16th
- Lot 36, Lot 37 and Lot 39, near the Student Union, will experience very high traffic volume on Wednesday, Oct. 7, from 7 a.m. through 5 p.m. for the Internship and Career Fair at the Student Union. The event is expected to draw a large number of guests, which will significantly increase demand in and around the Student Union. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 34 and Lot 43 near the School of Law and the Turbine Testing Research building.
- Lot 18 south, at the Student Union, will be reserved on Wednesday, Oct. 14, at 6 a.m. through 2 p.m. for a meeting. Alternate parking for visitors will be available at the parking meters by Lot 36 - South Campus Deck, on E. Exchange Street.
- Lot 70, near Quaker Station at Quaker Square, will be partially reserved Thursday, Oct. 15, at 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. for an Akron Roundtable event. Please observe the signs and cones placed in the reserved spaces. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 70 just north of the Mill Street Bridge.
- Lot 6, at InfoCision Stadium, will be partially reserved on Friday, Oct. 16, at 6 a.m. through 11 a.m. for a committee meeting. Parking will be reserved for event attendees only. Alternate parking for visitors will be at the remaining open meters in the lot and commuters may park in Lot 9, south of the stadium.
- Lot 6 and Lot 9, at InfoCision Stadium, will experience very high traffic volume on Friday, Oct. 16, from 7 a.m. through 5 p.m. for the Fisher Career Fair at InfoCision Stadium. The event is expected to draw a large number of guests, which will significantly increase demand in and around the stadium and the field house. Alternate parking for commuters and residents will be available in Lot 1 – East Campus Deck and Lot 36 – South Campus Deck.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.