Parking updates through Sept. 3
Parking Permits and Enforcement update
Parking permits are still available to be picked up in the Parking and Transportation Services office located in Lot 26, the North Campus Deck.
Enforcement of all parking regulations will begin Tuesday Sept. 8, 2015. All vehicles should be located in a properly designated area by that date to avoid being cited. As in previous years, the first citation will be issued as a warning for select minor violations; such as not displaying a permit or expired parking meters. Parking regulations will be enforced 24 / 7 on the main campus by both parking employees and the UAPD.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at email@example.com.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.