News: Upcoming Parking Lot Closures and Events
Parking updates through Sept. 9
- Lot 18 , at the Student Union, will be partially reserved on Friday, September 2 in the afternoon for meetings. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 36 - South Campus Deck, on E. Exchange Street.
- Lot 6, at InfoCision Stadium, will be closed on Friday, September 9. Alternate parking will be available at the remaining open meters in the lot and in Lot 9, south of the stadium.
Parking update for home football game on Sept. 3
- Vine St., north of InfoCision Stadium, and Lot 6, will be closed at midnight on Thursday, Sept. 1 through the conclusion of the home football game the next day or approximately 10 p.m. Saturday. All vehicles must vacate the posted area by midnight or face towing at owners' expense. Alternate parking for commuters will be available in Lot 1 - East Campus Deck and Lot 36 – South Campus Deck.
- Lot 2, Lot 4, Lot 8, Lot 9, and Lot 10, will be closed at midnight on Friday, Sept. 2, through the conclusion of the home football game the next day or approximately 10 p.m. Saturday. All vehicles must vacate the posted area by midnight or face towing at owners' expense. Alternate parking for commuters will be available in Lot 1 – East Campus Deck and Lot 36 – South Campus Deck.
Faculty with Saturday classes, weekend employees, or those wishing to avoid football game day traffic are advised to park in Lot 26 – North Campus Deck on Buchtel Ave.
Parking permit and enforcement update
Fall 2016 parking permits are still available to be picked up in the Parking and Transportation Services office located in the North Campus Deck. Commuter students who need to park from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. will need to purchase the Overnight Parking validation to park in designated overnight parking lots. Graduate Assistants must have an approved permit application in the system for overnight access.
Enforcement of general permit and overnight parking regulations will begin Tuesday Sept. 6, 2016. As in previous years, the first citation will be issued as a warning for select minor violations; such as not displaying a permit or expired parking meters. Parking regulations will be enforced 24 / 7 on the main campus by both parking employees and the UAPD.
For further information, please visit the Parking Fines and the Overnight Parking webpages. Contact Parking and Transportation Services with questions or concerns.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at email@example.com.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.