The Roo Express campus shuttle
The Roo Express Shuttle Service provides transportation to University buildings in the downtown area, neighborhoods near campus, and the parking lots on the North side of campus. During the fall and spring semesters the shuttle also services students on the weekends to and from the downtown area.
Shuttle routes and schedules:
The shuttle may not operate or have limited service on holidays or when the University is closed. See below for any changes.
Roo Express shuttle service during Thanksgiving Recess
Here is the Roo Express shuttle service for the Thanksgiving Recess Wednesday, Nov. 25, through Sunday, Nov. 29:
- Wednesday, Nov. 25, — All routes will run until 6:30 p.m. No Roo Express service after 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 26, — No Roo Express service.
- Friday, Nov. 27, through Saturday, Nov. 28, — Rob’s Holiday Route only from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 29, — Rob’s Holiday route from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Dave’s Supermarket route from 3 to 7 p.m.
Rob’s Holiday Route: Wait time approximately 12 minutes
- Quaker Square on Mill Street
- Main and Exchange streets
- Broadway and Exchange streets
- Spicer Hall
- Fir Hill
- Rob’s Café
Our Roo Express operations will return to our posted Fall 2015 schedule on Monday, Nov. 30. Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of the shuttle service
The shuttle service benefits everyone:
|Commuter students and faculty/staff...||
|Students who live in off campus housing (near UA)…||
|Residence Hall students…||
Answers to your questions
I use a wheelchair. Can I ride the shuttle?
Yes. All Roo Express shuttles are equipped with wheelchair-lift equipment. You do not need to make arrangements ahead of time to ride the regular routes, but special services will also be available for those who have additional needs – more information is available in this brochure.
How is the University paying for the Roo Express Shuttle?
Students who take more than five credit hours are assessed a Transportation Fee ($175 for the fall and spring semester, $120 for the summer). For that fee, students can request a parking permit (it's available at no additional charge), and ride the Roo Express shuttle. Transportation Fee funds help pay for:
- the shuttle,
- the upkeep of decks and parking lots,
- and the loans (actually bonds) that the University took out to build its newest decks.
Questions? Complaints? Suggestions?
Please direct your messages to email@example.com or call the Parking & Transportation Services Office at 330-972-7213.