Conflict of interest and conflict of commitment
Forms for 2019 - 2020
Annual Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Disclosure form covering May 1, 2019 - April 30, 2020
The 2019-20 COI forms complete with all signatures should be submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs by June 3, 2019. A single PDF for each unit/college is preferred.
Email form to: OfficeOfAcademicAffairs@uakron.edu
Forms for 2018-19
Annual Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Disclosure Form covering 2018 - 2019
Disclosure of Outside Activity
- LESS than $10,000 or ONE DAY or LESS per week (complete if needed)
- $10,000 or MORE or MORE than one day per week (complete if needed)
Packet with all three forms: 2018-19 COI forms and disclosure documents as a single pdf
Answers to your questions
WHO MUST COMPLETE THE ANNUAL UPDATE?
UA Rule mandates that all University of Akron employees, as well as students identified as investigators on externally funded grants or contracts, complete an annual Conflict of Interest/Conflict of Commitment update.
The following groups are required to comply with these policies, but are exempt from submitting the annual disclosure form(s):
- University student assistants employed solely on an hourly pay basis,
- part-time teaching faculty, and
- employees working less than half-time.
WHERE TO SUBMIT?
To your direct supervisor. Supervisors: please see section below.
WHAT TO SUBMIT?
Select the form(s). Complete, print, sign, and submit to immediate supervisor.
- A computer with printer or a printed copy of the Annual Conflict of Interest/Disclosure forms must be made available to all UA employees.
- Original documents are to be retained within the colleges and/or departments as determined by each unit.
- Every campus unit is required to submit all annual conflict forms as a single PDF to the Office of Academic Affairs by email only to email@example.com, no later than May 31, 2019. A single PDF per department or unit is preferred.
Updates required throughout the year
Have a situation that may be a conflict?
Conflict of interest/conflict of commitment disclosure must be promptly updated, as needed, throughout the year, by using this form. Upon disclosure to one's direct supervisor, additional actions may be required to avoid, eliminate, remediate, or manage an actual conflict of interest and/or commitment.
This procedure was implemented in 2006 by the UA Board of Trustees and UA administration to establish a centralized management procedure. PDFs submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs should include any accompanying notes, documents and conflict-management plans.
If you are having problems with this page, contact University Communications and Marketing through this email.
- UA Rules – Scroll to 3359-11-17.
- Conflict of Interest Rule Summary – A concise guide summarizing the UA rules governing Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment
- COI Definitions – This guide provides helpful definitions of numerous terms found throughout the Conflict of Interest/Conflict of Disclosure documentation.
- Ohio Ethics Commission – The Ohio Ethics Commission provides Ohio Ethics Law information, as well as pertinent sections of the Ohio Revised Code.
Direct questions or concerns regarding these matters to department chairs, school directors, deans, or the Office of General Counsel.