Getting Started


Parking permits are required to park on campus. Parking violations are enforced during the first week of each semester. Any employee parking on campus is expected to have a permit displayed on the first day of classes.

Most new employees will need to complete a paper parking permit application then forward the form to Parking Services located in the North Campus Parking Deck (see on map) on Buchtel Avenue. You may apply for a parking permit online only if you have a valid UAnet user name and password. To find out where the best places are to park throughout the day, visit Parking Service’s website at

Completing your hire forms

Forms provided with your offer letter may include Form I-9, Personnel Profile, Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability CC-305, Part-time Employee Orientation packet, and Parking Permit Requests. These forms need to be returned to the Office of Employment Services (Talent Development & Human Resources) before you begin work. These offices are located in the Administrative Services Building at 185 East Mill St, Akron, Ohio. Phone (330) 972-5988.

Getting your Employee ID (Zip Card)

The Zip Card is your University identification card with your photo. It is also used as a “key” to secured buildings on campus, a dining card, your pass to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, your ticket to athletic events, your library card, a debit card on- or off-campus purchased.  The card can be used to receive discounts on- or off-campus, and as a printing card through the campus Printing Services locations.

Zip Card offices are located in Simmons Hall 103 and in the Polsky Building Atrium. For office hours or other questions, call 330-972-5637 or email or visit the website at


To access many UA buildings on campus unequipped with Zip Card access, you will need to request a key. Your department chair will need to sign the key-card form along with other appropriate approval signatures. You must have a valid Zip Card for identification purposes to pick up your key(s). Key Cards are available through Locking Systems or from your department.

Back - Orientation home Next - Computers and Telephones Overview