The Business Diversity Initiative at The University of Akron is committed to creating sound business relationships that strengthen the economic development and viability for diverse businesses while providing a value-added strategy that increases competition to ensure the best overall value for University family and the surrounding community.
Why Does UA Value Supplier Diversity?
- We recognize the impact that our Supplier Diversity Initiative has on the communities we serve.
- We are building bridges within communities and contributing to the economic growth of entities that, in turn, help us provide excellent products and services to our students, faculty and staff.
Our goal is to have the most effective supplier diversity initiative within Higher Education and provide a positive impact on the economic growth and viability of small, disadvantaged, minority, and women-owned businesses.
- Increase business opportunities for diverse suppliers.
- Encourage our prime suppliers to expand their business transactions with diverse suppliers.
The continuous goal of our Supplier Diversity Initiative is to promote a healthy social and economic environment for our organization and our small and diverse business partners.
"The Universe Is Diverse"
Alan D. Parker
The University of Akron
100 Lincoln Street
Akron, Ohio 44325
Phone: (330) 972-7643
Fax: (330) 972-5564
We truly appreciate the benefits that this diversity effort brings to our institution, to the businesses we work with and to the communities we serve. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Innovative strategy development
- Increased competition in sourcing decisions
- Inclusion in the sourcing process
- Provides consumers with the best businesses, materials and services available
- Helps meet the unique needs of local communities
- Increased customer satisfaction.