Ordering through ESM
The ESM program is a spend management system, which provides a cost savings and tax free transactions through online ordering from contracted supplier catalogs. Once you are set up in ESM you will have over 20 punch-out catalogs to procure office, lab, scientific and medical supplies, furniture, electronics, and more!
All purchases will use the ESM system for checkout, not the individual vendor catalog. Once you have selected your items inside the catalog, click checkout, and you will be sent back to ESM for the payment process. Any questions, call Todd Christenson, Ext: 5965.
Utilizing your University of Akron P-card, you are able to purchase through the ESM System.
NOTE: (P-card restrictions still apply for purchases within ESM).
ESM Approver Instructions - How to approve orders in ESM.
ESM Website - (save as favorite for future use)
The University of Akron Shared Amazon Business Account
The University of Akron has obtained an Amazon Business Account punch-out catalog that is accessed via ESM System.
Ordering through ESM, via the Amazon Business account, with your University PCard, is the only way to ensure you are getting a tax free transaction, and this ensures you, as a University employee, are following the guidelines for the Procurement Card Program.
In addition, more features include:
- Free two-day shipping, with no minimum order, on more than 30 million eligible items marked with the Prime logo.
- Ever-expanding product selection and competitive contract pricing.
- Enhanced search and browse functionality.
- Access to business-specific customer support.
Customer Service - Amazon
- Amazon Initial Login Instructions - Creating an Amazon Business Account through ESM.
- Add/Edit Billing for PCard or Delivery Address Instructions - Entering the correct delivery address in Amazon.
- Amazon Business customer support – Contact the support team via Amazon.com.
- Amazon Business Help – for all FAQ’s related to the Amazon side of the purchase.
Customer Advisor – Harold Respass - For questions about large orders, pricing and product availability.
- Call - (617) 577-4615
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service - GBEX (Office Depot)
Customer Service Representative are available by phone, fax, and email to assist with returns, shortages, order information, etc.
The hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am -5:00 pm.
- Call - 866-456-5036
- Email - email@example.com
Customer Advisor - Greg Babbs - The University of Akron Account Manager
- Call - 412-897-3193
- Email - Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org