The University of Akron Shared Amazon Business Account
The University of Akron, Department of Purchasing, has obtained a Shared Amazon Business Account punchout catalog that is accessed via ESM easyPurchase. The University’s Amazon Shared Business account provides:
- Free two-day shipping, with no minimum order, on more than 30 million eligible items marked with the Prime logo
- Ever-expanding product selection and competitive contract pricing
- Quantity discounts on select items
- Enhanced search and browse functionality
- Access to business-specific customer support
Access to shop on The University of Akron Shared Amazon Business Account is open to faculty and staff and all purchases will be completed using their individual University issued Pcard. The University of Akron Shared Amazon Business Account is for business purposes only. Personal purchases and Prime subscriptions are not permitted.
The ESM easyPurchase program is a spend management suite which provides a cost savings through online ordering from contracted supplier catalogs. Once you are set up in ESM you will have over 20 punchout catalogs (see below) to procure office, lab, scientific and medical supplies, furniture, electronics, and MRO (maintenance repair operations) items utilizing your UA Pcard. Pcard restrictions still apply for purchases within ESM; the restrictions may be reviewed beginning on page 2 of the Procurement Card Policy and Procedure Manual which you may access here.
- Amazon Initial Login Instructions (with screenshots)
- Amazon Business Account Instructions
- Add/Edit Billing for PCard or Delivery Address Instructions
- Amazon Business customer support – Contact the support team.
- Amazon Business Help – for all FAQ’s related to the Amazon side of the purchase.
Requesting Sales Tax Reimbursement for Third Party Sellers
3rd Party sellers (vendors) are not required to enroll in the Amazon Tax Exemption Program and are not able to see account information, such as tax exemption, on customer accounts.
In the event your order has been charged sales tax and your account reflects tax exemption, you can contact the seller (vendor) directly and request sales tax reimbursement.
Tax reimbursement will be credited to your account and can take to 24-48 hours to process. If you are unable to get in contact with a vendor or see that sales tax has not been reimbursed (after 3 business days), contact Amazon’s dedicated business-customer service: (866) 486-2360 or email the ATEP team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Customer Advisor – James Herbert: email@example.com
O: (617) 577-4782