2019 UA Homecoming run/walk
Do what moves you! Run a 5k, walk a mile, or race virtually. No matter how you participate, Zippy will be proud.
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Free t-shirt with registration!Register online
or save $5 and register in-person at the Rec center.
Tag us with your UA5K photos!
Times to know
The start time for the race is 8am. Packet pick-up is Friday, October 11 from 3:30-6:30pm in the Rec center. There will be a $5 price increase for registration starting September 30, and race day registration will be available for $30 with no guarantee of a shirt.
There are three ways to participate in this year's race:
- Run/walk the 5k course
- Run/walk the 1 mile course
- Try our new virtual race option—a 5k or 1 mile race that can be run/walked from any location you choose. You can run on the road, trail, treadmill, or track. Registered runners will be sent this year's shirt and a bib! Great for our UA alums, fans and students near and far!
The 8th annual University of Akron Homecoming 5k and 1 mile run/walk is presented by:
- Sport Science and Wellness Education
- The Sport Science Academy
- Student Recreation and Wellness Services
- Student Rec Council
This event is made possible through the focused vision and diligent efforts of students in the Departments of Student Recreation and Wellness Services and Sport Science and Wellness Education. These students bring this on-campus sporting event to life with careful planning, organization, and day-of logistical support. Thank you!